Happy New Year! Happy New Decade! Szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!
I will keep this short and simple. It is now January 2020, the fifth calendar year of this blog’s existence (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020). At times, I was too busy to write blog posts, go on tours and complete all my previous missions and polls. I’m a busy guy.
In 2019, here’s a recap of my highlights and lowlights:
- I attended over 50 live football matches across 6 countries.
- I visited 15 new countries and repeated 22 old ones.
- I reached 180 countries on route to my target of 200.
- I visited every country that borders Poland except Lithuania (all repeats).
- I moved flats twice.
- I visited Morskie Oko for the first time.
- I went to safari in Maasai Mara in Kenya.
- I fed and kissed giraffes in Nairobi in Kenya.
- I attended Marburg festival in Germany.
- I watched in awe at Jinja, source of the Nile River.
- I visited the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt.
- I was ill twice – once in Poland (Winter flu) and once in Burundi (hangover made worse by climate and taking anti-malaria pills).
- I lost one phone and broke another phone.
- I progressed from A1 to A2 level Polish.
- I did a presentation on “Unusual Travel” to an audience at Klub Dialogu, Warszawa.
- I started 2019 in Beirut, Lebanon.
- I ended 2019 in Bournemouth, England.
- I celebrated my birthday in Northern Ireland for the first time in 10 years.
- I taught English at 20 Polish based businesses.
- I wrote travel articles for over 50 companies.
- I wrote over 50 poems.
- I stayed single the entire year but had a few ‘dates’.
This year, you can vote for what you want more of. If your option is not covered here, then you can always email me (jonny,at, dontstopliving, dot, net) or add me on Facebook. I’m a very honest and open blogger 😉
Get voting and maybe let’s meet up in 2020. Thanks for your follows and support!
Love and hugs,
Jonny Blair (Northern Irishman in Poland / Połnocny Irlandczyk w Polsce)
Finally, I spent the last few weeks in Greece, Morocco, Egypt, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, England and Poland. Here are some photos from Christmas and New Years!